Funny things happen all of the time on the Internet. One of the funnier things is to use the Google auto-complete tool to find out what people are searching for. Today I googled, “Why do people from New Orleans” and let the Google auto-complete tool do the rest. The following is a screenshot of what came up:
I’ve put the list below. My answers are italicized. Here’s the list:
Why do people from New Orleans sound like New Yorkers?
- Getthefuckouttaheaaa..I don’t think we sound like New Yawkers, maybe our vernacular is a bit similar.
Why do people from New Orleans have an accent?
- Why do people from all over have accents?
Why do people from New Orleans speak French?
- The Louisiana Purchase of 1803 was drilled in our heads. Of course, French were here long before that. Think 1718.
Why do people from New Orleans talk funny?
- We don’t talk funny. Your ears are funny.
Why do people from New Orleans “Who Dat?”
- Baby, we’re some Saints fans, that’s why we say “Who Dat!”
If Google auto-complete is a true barometer of what people are searching, it clearly appears out-of-towners are mystified of how we talk down yere. Ya heard me? Who dat?