Today, Friday, is one of the many days, especially during Lent, when one eats a fish plate. Fish plates typically consist of macaroni and cheese, peas, potato salad, cake, bread/dinner roll, and CATFISH… Why on Earth do people insist on cooking and eating not only the least hygienic fish of the sea but the very fish nearly all salt fisherman throw back in the water saying something like this while catching one, “Da–, it aint nun but a motha f—in’ hardhead!” We have such better tasting variety in our waters in South Louisiana: croakers, redfish, speckled trout, white trout, flounder, black drum, etc for virtually everywhere but the high end restaurants selling fish plates with nothing else but “motha f—in’ hardhead.” See below:
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
October 2017 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Beats versus Lyrics: What camp are you in?
- Classic New Orleans Architectural Style
- Friday Fish Fry Rant
- Giving up 'insert addiction here' for Lent
- Health & Fitness
- Healthy Food
- How do you Pronounce New Orleans?
- Investing in the Stock Market Part 2
- Louisiana Shrimping Season 2012 and Where to Buy Shrimp
- New Orleans
- New Orleans Food: Breakfast Favorite
- New Orleans Restaurant Review: Drago's
- Rap Music
- Sean Pamphilon Writes Essay about Saints Bounty
- Sparkchess.com Claire
- Tim Tebow vs John Elway: 1st 8 Starts
- Welcome to NOLA Man Blog
- Workplace Blues